Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Chicken Cordon Bleu (my way)

I wanted to make normal chicken cordon bleu but since I didn't have ham or swiss cheese I made it with what I had in the kitchen. 


  • 4 Chicken Breasts (hammered out to 1/8" thick)
  • 8 slices Bacon
  • 4 slices Gouda Cheese
  • 1/2 cup sliced Mushrooms
  • fresh Italian (flat leaf) Parsley or fresh dill if you like that better
  • Chicken seasoning of your choice
  • Melted butter
  • Breadcrumbs or cornflakes

  1. Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C). Coat a baking dish with nonstick spray.
  2. Pound chicken if they are too thick. Place 2 slices of bacon and a slice of Gouda on each breast, within 1/2 an inch from the edge. Place Mushrooms seasonings and Parsley/dill on the cheese. Roll it all up folding sides in and use toothpicks to hold it together. Roll in chicken in Butter and coat in breadcrumbs or crushed cornlakes that have been seasoned with more chicken spices.
  3. Bake in oven 30 minutes or until juices run clear, remove toothpicks and serve immediately. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds great. I have been looking for jazzed up chicken dishes. I have never made cordon bleu, but I know I will try this. Thanks, my hubby will appreciate it!