Saturday, December 6, 2008

Bagels


I have not had bagels in about 2 years. When we lived in Arizona I would go to Einsteins about once a week for fresh bagels. I had just bought philly cream cheese, (it was new in our local store.)  Then I saw an article in a magazine about New York and traditional food and saw a picture for Bagels, that made me miss them and decided it was about time to make some. I looked online for bagel recipes and found one at allrecipes.com and thought that one was easier than the others I saw.
I think they turned out really well, the recipe made about 15 so I got too make ones with all different toppings. The best ones were the poppy seed and garlic.
After making these bagels and seeing how easy they were, if I had to choose store bought or these, I choose these.
the recipe can be found here

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How wonderful! I have never tried to make my own bagels. They look really nice and golden.

Pam said...

Oh they look great! I've never made my own bagels before.

The chicken down below looks amazing too!